Compatibility Pros & cons
The BetterMembership.Net providers use the database schema from SimpleMemberhipProviders which are not naturally compatible with the legacy MembershipProvider interfaces, therefore password retrieval via question & answer is not supported, and none of the APIs for querying inactive/online state are supported.
The BetterMembership.Net library extends SimpleMembershipProvider and implements the following unsupported methods. This providers back support for the MembershipProvider interface from which it extends.
+ The userIsOnline flag is ignored, but may be implemented in the future.
The library maps properties on the legacy MembershipUser instance as follows.
- CreationDate -> WebPages_Membership.CreatedDate
- IsApproved -> WebPages_Membership.IsConfirmed
- LastPasswordChangedDate -> WebPages_Membership.PasswordChangedDate
- IsLockedOut -> Based on configured maxInvalidPasswordAttempts/passwordAttemptWindow
- UserProviderKey -> Configured userIdColumn on user table
- Username -> Configured userNameColumn on user table
- Email -> Configured userEmailColumn on user table
MembershipProvider methods are not supported due to incompatibilities with the older APIs and database schema.
+ The method is supported when specifying empty/null answer.
MembershipUser properties are not supported and will provide default values of
ProfileProvider methods are not supported, due to incompatibilities with the older APIs and database schema.
+ The method is supported when specifying ProfileAuthenticationOption.All.